*JOB CLOSED* Job descriptions for Two Respite Caregivers
Seeking two sober fully COVID-19 vaccinated non-smoker CAREGIVERS to provide respite care for my husband while I am working. If no college degree, must have at least 1 year of experience. Must have CPR-first aid certification*. Must be non-smokers. Must remain alcohol free and drug free at work.
* Be engaged, caring companion;
* Do light housekeeping bedroom-bathroom & common areas;
* Observe and support him to ensure he has safe fall-free days;
* Do his laundry & change his sheets & pillowcases weekly or as needed;
* Assist & observe him for safe, choking-free eating and drinking;
* Prepare and/or warm his morning and afternoon meals;
* Motivate him to consistently exercise, per his therapists’ instructions
* Must be able to provide CPR-First Aid, if needed
* Must use MedicAlert pendant or box to call for emergency response (includes talking to the dispatch via the speakerphone on the box), if needed
* Rate of Pay: ~$10 – $16 /hr based on experience & education
* Scheduling: Two caregivers share 29 hours total per week
* Provide verification of full vaccination with COVID-19 vaccination card
* Employer provides a work contract and a workbook with details about care needs and expectations
* If hired, must complete and sign all work forms including tax forms and background check consent
* Background check must be returned as clear before beginning work
* Must be able to work at least two weekdays every week
* Must be able to work at least two Saturdays every month
SHARED SCHEDULE FOR TWO CAREGIVERS:
- WEEKDAYS: 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- SATURDAYS: 11 a.m. – 4pm
- The caregiving team will coordinate about the weekly and monthly schedule.